Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday's Playlist #12

An ongoing series:

  • Mission of Burma, 'Academy Fight Song' (Signals, Calls and Marches)
  • Manic Street Preachers, 'This is Yesterday' (The Holy Bible)
  • Mick Ronson, 'Only After Dark' (Slaughter On Tenth Avenue)
  • X, 'Johnny Hit And Run Pauline' (Los Angeles)
  • The Auteurs, 'Lights Out' (How I Learned To Love The Bootboys)
  • The Coup, 'Five Million Ways To Kill A CEO' (Party Music)
  • Melanie C, 'Goin Down' (Northern Star)
  • Westworld, 'Sonic Boom Boy' (Once Upon A Time)
  • Haircut 100, 'Fantastic Day' (Pelican West)
  • OMD, 'Souvenir' (Architecture & Morality)
  • Christ, I need to start listening to some new music.

    UPDATE

    On second thoughts, with choices 1 through 7 I was doing so well, as well.

    A wee bit muso . . . a wee bit obscure. The recent announcement of the one-off reunion tour affording me the opportunity to splice in a solo song from the most talented Spice Girl to come off as oh so ironic (but secretly liking the song . . . the cynics can take a running jump off of Ger's old platform shoes). Throw in a bit of revolutionary hip hop from The Coup to impress any passing American student r-r-r-revolutionary politico who stumbles across the blog on their way to the next cute agit-prop event, but I fuck it all up by revealing my true colours in choices 8, 9 and 10: Laminated Smash Hits magazines parked neatly in the back of the wardrobe alongside my K-Tel compilation albums.

    Update 11/12/ 22
    There's a shock. Me moaning about listening to too much old music. I just couldn't accept that I was stuck musically in the 80s and always would be. The Coup still sounds brilliant, though.

    No comments: