Sunday, August 10, 2008

Unofficial Beijing Olympic merchandise

Remember the How China got its Olympic logo image that was previously mentioned on the blog?

Now, via Amused Cynicism blog, we have another politically pointed image highlighting the collective media amnesia surrounding the current Olympic Games being held in a country with a Government that has a bronze medal attitude when it comes to such trifles as free speech, labour rights, human rights etc etc.

However, this time, it's an image that you can put on a T Shirt or your commemorative tea towel. In fact, Amused Cynic blog specifically came up with the idea of the image for that expressed purpose:

On the matter of the Olympics itself, I guess I might do what I usually do when it comes to half-watching the Olympics: try and catch a bit of the athletics, the boxing and final of the football but what with the football season starting this weekend I know the wall to wall coverage on US TV will probably pass me by.

Who needs Michael Phelps and LeBron James when it's Bolton Wanderers versus Stoke City next weekend?

For a more considered political take on the Beijing Olympics, check out Dave Zirin's recent 'China's Olympic Trials' article from his Edge of Sports website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaa that's right also visit my new post For best buying Used Cisco equipments.please add my blog in to your fiends link list.

Imposs1904 said...

I would love to but I'm washing my hair.

Maybe next time.